Ask Questions about Health, Homeopathy, Medicine – Get Answers from Experts and Peers!
December 13, 2011
Owe it to our flawed genetics or hectic lifestyles and the falling standards of nutrition in our diets—hair loss seems to have turned into a health care plague.
1. Regular Massaging with Basic Oils
Regular massaging of the scalp with lukewarm oil helps to stimulate the hair follicles. This is also an easy way to cure hair growth deterrents like dandruff and fungal infections. Regular massaging increases the blood circulation in the scalp. It is also useful for lowering anxiety or stress that is often the underlying reason for thinning of hair. Recommended oils for 3 to 4 times-a-week massaging schedule includes coconut oil. You can alternate this with mustard oil. Keep the oil on for at least six hours before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Other oils that can be mixed with coconut oil in trace amounts for faster results include almond oil .
2. Natural Concoctions for Preventing Hair Loss
Coconut milk is among the richest sources of tissue-nourishing, plant derivatives. It is an excellent home remedy for keeping the hair soft without depending upon chemical formulations and regenerating dead hair follicles. You can also use a concoction of coconut oil mixed with half the amount of Amla oil. Just add a dash of lemon juice to this mixture and you have an effective, dandruff-fighting and scalp-healing concoction that arrests receding hairline.
3. Nature’s Effective Hair-stimulating Juices
Wheatgrass juice is one of the most effective remedies against hair fall. It is known to decrease the shedding tendency of hair within a few weeks of regular intake. Aloe vera juice has a similar effect. However, aloe gel can be applied to the scalp too. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wash the hair with lukewarm water. This can be done twice, every week.
4. Slightly Demanding But Very Effective Natural Therapies
You can make your own hair fall-preventing medicine at home by frying some fenugreek (methi) seeds in coconut oil. Strain this mixture and apply it in minimal amounts, rubbed gently into the hair roots. Alternatively, you can boil some henna leaves in mustard oil. After cooling and straining this preparation, add drops of it in your coconut oil container that you are using for regular massaging.
5. Homemade Pastes
You can wash the hair with a paste made from Neem leaves. This is particularly effective for hair loss caused due excessive build up of scalp oil or invasive skin infections. For restoring the alkaline balance of the scalp and preventing hair fall, you can follow this with washing the hair with apple cider vinegar. Other homemade pastes that can be very useful include a mixture prepared from adding honey and olive oil to some cinnamon (dalchini) powder.
6. Arrest Hair Fall With Elementary Household Items
Before washing your hair, apply the juice extracted from crushed coriander (dhania) leaves. You can also use a mixture of curd and gram flour (chana atta) that should be kept-on for at least an hour before bathing.
7. Hair Fall Dietary Recommendations
For a comprehensive, hair fall prevention regimen, you need to be equipped with a diet plan that includes foods that can arrest hair fall and stimulate better scalp health. Recommendations here include eating more seeds and nuts (almonds and peanuts) along with green leafy vegetables like spinach and sprouts of a variety of dals (legumes). Basically, foods rich in calcium, protein and iron are vital for ensuring overall health of the scalp. Combine this with some basic dietary supplementation, i.e. using over-the-counter products that help to ensure wholesome nutrition for your hair. Regular intake of Amla juice ensures adequate amounts of Vitamin C but you can boost this with eating more guavas.
September 19, 2014
Thanks for the Home remedies for hair loss, I hope this must be helpful for the people who is suffer from hair loss and this cheap and best tips which you share here with us. But to make it more effective I want to add some Do and Don’t for hair loss.
Never should you rinse your hair with warm water.
If you use shampoo for rinse your hair, don’t use it more than twice in week and use simply a gentle shampoo.
Avoid Hard brushing in your hair and never comb the hair towards back.
Coconut oil is very good for hair growth, try to use it with Indian goose berry.
October 31, 2014
I agree with you Sumit. This is a great post which give me many useful home remedies to control my Hair loss. I am suffering from Hair loss. I try many home remedies to reduce my Hair fall, but i still suffering from it. I will try your mentioned home remedies in my routine life. Hope it works best for me.
December 20, 2014
Your thread is nice. I also want to share some information with everyone.
1. Don’t brush your wet hairs. Try to solve the tangles with fingers
2. Don’t massage hairs everyday and don’t massage hairs at night. Massage hairs with hot coconut oil or olive oil before half or one hour of before shampoo.
3. Massage with oil only twice a weak not more than that
4. Use cold water when Shampoo your hairs
5. Avoid hair brushing every-time. Do it only twice or thrice a day
August 25, 2013
October 16, 2014
some useful tips for control of hair fall:
1.don’t comb in wet HAIR
2.oil your with a combination of almond oil and castor oil mixed and warmed together
3.don’t expose your HAIR to extreme heat or temperature
4.manage to trim off your spilt ends
5.apply henna at least once a week
6.do not back comb have this homely treatment and can avoid the hair falling
June 17, 2017
October 10, 2017
April 5, 2018
Hair loss is a common and it is absolutely normal to lose about 50-100 hairs a day. There are numerous effective ways one can follow to control hair loss. These are as follows:
Hot Oil Treatments: Massage your hair gently with oil. Leave it for an hour and then rinse.
Natural Juices: Massage with ginger or garlic juice and leave overnight and then rinse in the morning. This treatment helps to follicle health and hair growth.
Hydrate: Keep body hydrated for optimum functionality like hair growth.
Antioxidants: The antioxidants in the green tea will help to prevent hair loss and boost its regrowth. For example, a cup of strong green tea.
Nutrition: You should supply your hair with enough nutrients. Healthy diet is one of the best ways to provide this nutrition.
Stress Management: Try to manage your stress. Low stress levels help to reduce hair loss.
Hair Care Techniques: Hair care techniques also help to control hair loss. These techniques includes shampooing, massages, hair masks, proper conditioning and oiling can help to improve the quality of hair and help in reducing hair fall to a great extent.
November 30, 2011
August 3, 2018
August 3, 2018
Excessive hair loss can be a troublesome problem, if diagnosed right, you can control hair fall with certain home remedies.
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Choose Shampoos and Conditioner according to your scalp type.
- Aloe vera: Apply Aloe vera pulp on scalp leave it for some time, also helps in hair fall control.
- Diet and Exercise: Include food and supplement in your diet which is very important for and hair growth, as well as follow some exercise.
- Onion juice: It has antibacterial properties which fight against scalp infection.
- Amla: Hairfall also occurs due to deficiency of vitamin C, Amla(Indian Gooseberry) rich in vitamin C content, hence consuming amla as well as applying its powder on scalp also helps in Hair fall control
- Fenugreek seeds: It repairs the hair follicles and helps in re-growth of the hair.
- Yogurt and honey: Applying the mixture of greek yogurt and honey on your scalp also reduces hair fall.
August 28, 2018
December 31, 2018
January 14, 2019
Hey, also check out some simple and effective remedies i am mentoining here:
Beet root juice :Take some beetroot leaves and boil them until the water decreases to half the initial capacity. now add some henna and create a paste. Apply it to your scalp and let it sit for half an hour before rinsing off. Repeat this doubly per week.
Cocunut Milk : Take a cup of fresh coconut milk and apply it on your scalp and hair. Let it sit for about half an hour. wash with cool water followed by shampoo. try this once every week.
Onion Juice : Grate the onion and strain its juice in a bowl. Apply this juice onto your scalp using a cotton ball. Leave it on for about half an hour. rinse off with cold water followed by shampoo. Apply once per week.
January 14, 2019
January 29, 2019
June 29, 2019
Making some changes of your diet and hair care can play a crucial role in preventing hair loss.Some of the following ideas to a daily regime to aid in healthy hair growth.
- Drink more water every day to help the body stay hydrated and help grow healthy hair.
- Consume additional protein daily. Hair is made from protein and hair growth responds well to the inclusion of lean animal proteins and other forms of healthy protein added to the diet.
- Reduce alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking to prevent thinning hair.
- Apply hot oil treatments to strengthen the hair shaft and prevent hair loss from breakage
- Comb gently, don’t brush wet hair after washing
- Avoid chemical treatments like perms and coloring for hair which weakens hair adding to possible breakage and dryness
Most Users Ever Online: 303
Currently Browsing this Page:
Manish Bhatia: 686
in need of help2: 373
Firuzi Mehta: 343
In need of help: 308
Elaine Lewis: 189
Surabhi Sharma: 164
Guest Posters: 27
Newest Members:elak, TheJollitybox, rahuja65, drvikasgupta1, Dr ML Clapers, sajidm, laurie dack, Ohnet, drvikasgupta, effectivehealings
Moderators: Alan V. Schmukler: 1023, Leela D'Souza Francisco: 11, Rochelle: 209, David A. Johnson: 38, John: 18, Shirley Reischman: 223, David Kempson: 775, sigiletzel: 25
Administrators: Manish Bhatia: 0, Hpathy.com: 0